Man held after 4-yr-old son shoots neighbour kid
Washington: The father of a four-year-old boy in New Jersey was arrested after his son fatally shot a six-year-old neighbour in the head, CNN reported.
Anthony Senatore, 33, was charged with six counts of endangering the welfare of children and a disorderly person`s offence for enabling access by minors to a loaded firearm, said prosecutor Jim McClain from the Atlantic County Prosecutor`s Office.
Senatore`s son was playing in the yard April 8 when he went inside and retrieved his father`s loaded .22-calibre rifle from the bedroom.
When he came back out, he fired a single shot that struck six-year-old Brandon Holt in the head.
Brandon was taken to the Jersey Shore University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead the next day.
In addition to the loaded rifle, four other firearms were found in Senatore`s bedroom, all unsecured, close to ammunition and accessible to his three children, the prosecutor`s office said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan