Man held after climbing Russian embassy fence
Washington: A man, who scaled the fence of the Russian embassy to flee police after crashing his car, has been arrested.
During the ensuing chase, the driver climbed over the fence of the Russian embassy on Wisconsin Avenue to elude the pursuing officers, RIA Novosti reported on Thursday.
"The suspect in no way intended to flee specifically to the Russian embassy. He simply got mixed up and jumped over to our side by mistake," a spokesman for the embassy said.
Agents from the US Secret Service arrived on the scene, and the security officers at the Russian embassy handed the man over to American authorities, according to NBC News.
Police identified the man as 34-year-old Michael Worley. He was charged with leaving the scene of a crash, and driving while intoxicated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves