Man held after climbing Russian embassy fence
Washington: A man, who scaled the fence of the Russian embassy to flee police after crashing his car, has been arrested.
During the ensuing chase, the driver climbed over the fence of the Russian embassy on Wisconsin Avenue to elude the pursuing officers, RIA Novosti reported on Thursday.
"The suspect in no way intended to flee specifically to the Russian embassy. He simply got mixed up and jumped over to our side by mistake," a spokesman for the embassy said.
Agents from the US Secret Service arrived on the scene, and the security officers at the Russian embassy handed the man over to American authorities, according to NBC News.
Police identified the man as 34-year-old Michael Worley. He was charged with leaving the scene of a crash, and driving while intoxicated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!