Man held after climbing Russian embassy fence
Washington: A man, who scaled the fence of the Russian embassy to flee police after crashing his car, has been arrested.
During the ensuing chase, the driver climbed over the fence of the Russian embassy on Wisconsin Avenue to elude the pursuing officers, RIA Novosti reported on Thursday.
"The suspect in no way intended to flee specifically to the Russian embassy. He simply got mixed up and jumped over to our side by mistake," a spokesman for the embassy said.
Agents from the US Secret Service arrived on the scene, and the security officers at the Russian embassy handed the man over to American authorities, according to NBC News.
Police identified the man as 34-year-old Michael Worley. He was charged with leaving the scene of a crash, and driving while intoxicated.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India