Man held after climbing Russian embassy fence
Washington: A man, who scaled the fence of the Russian embassy to flee police after crashing his car, has been arrested.
During the ensuing chase, the driver climbed over the fence of the Russian embassy on Wisconsin Avenue to elude the pursuing officers, RIA Novosti reported on Thursday.
"The suspect in no way intended to flee specifically to the Russian embassy. He simply got mixed up and jumped over to our side by mistake," a spokesman for the embassy said.
Agents from the US Secret Service arrived on the scene, and the security officers at the Russian embassy handed the man over to American authorities, according to NBC News.
Police identified the man as 34-year-old Michael Worley. He was charged with leaving the scene of a crash, and driving while intoxicated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar