Man held for 65 sexual assaults in Russia
Moscow: A man suspected of 65 sexual assaults on women has been detained in Russia`s Volga federal district, the local government reported on Monday.
The man, identified as Yevgeny Shutov, a businessman born in 1973 in the city of Kazan, was put on a wanted list a year ago after a series of rapes committed in the region in 2003-2012.
The assaults were made on girls and young women aged 15-25. The attacker threatened them with a knife when they entered their apartment blocks, forcing them to go to the top floor.
Investigators concluded that all such attacks were committed by one person.
A number of manhunt activities were carried out but the suspect was only arrested Monday morning after a man called the authorities to report he saw the suspect in Kazan. Police detained Shutov soon after the call.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans