Man held for 65 sexual assaults in Russia
Moscow: A man suspected of 65 sexual assaults on women has been detained in Russia`s Volga federal district, the local government reported on Monday.
The man, identified as Yevgeny Shutov, a businessman born in 1973 in the city of Kazan, was put on a wanted list a year ago after a series of rapes committed in the region in 2003-2012.
The assaults were made on girls and young women aged 15-25. The attacker threatened them with a knife when they entered their apartment blocks, forcing them to go to the top floor.
Investigators concluded that all such attacks were committed by one person.
A number of manhunt activities were carried out but the suspect was only arrested Monday morning after a man called the authorities to report he saw the suspect in Kazan. Police detained Shutov soon after the call.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Forget controversies, KRK makes 'interesting' remark about Karan Singh Grover-Bipasha Basu wedding
- Shiv Sena slams Centre's U-turn on Hurriyat, says BJP govt acting like a 'chameleon'
- Sensing tool 'SpiroCall' can measure your lung function over phone call
- WATCH & solve this IPL mystery - What's the connection between Zaheer Khan, Chris Morris and ‘Porcupine’?
- Manish Sisodia suspends govt school's vice principal over indiscipline