Man held for 65 sexual assaults in Russia
Moscow: A man suspected of 65 sexual assaults on women has been detained in Russia`s Volga federal district, the local government reported on Monday.
The man, identified as Yevgeny Shutov, a businessman born in 1973 in the city of Kazan, was put on a wanted list a year ago after a series of rapes committed in the region in 2003-2012.
The assaults were made on girls and young women aged 15-25. The attacker threatened them with a knife when they entered their apartment blocks, forcing them to go to the top floor.
Investigators concluded that all such attacks were committed by one person.
A number of manhunt activities were carried out but the suspect was only arrested Monday morning after a man called the authorities to report he saw the suspect in Kazan. Police detained Shutov soon after the call.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999