Man held for spying near Ahmadinejad`s helicopter
Tehran: A man has been arrested by Iranian security forces on suspicion of spying for an Arab state`s intelligence agency, the Fars news agency reported.
"A person with a known identity who is linked with the spy service of an Arab state has been arrested by the Sabzevar (city) Corps," RIA Novosti quoted the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) as saying in a statement.
The alleged spy was held after he penetrated the landing pad of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad`s helicopter during his visit to the city earlier this month.
"During interrogations, the arrested individual has confessed to his links with the citizens of an Arab country and the transfer of sensitive information to them," the IRGC said.
Iran has arrested more than 40 US and Israeli spies over the past year, Fars said.
Last month, the Intelligence Ministry said it had disbanded what it described as a large Israeli terror network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail