Man held for spying near Ahmadinejad`s helicopter
Tehran: A man has been arrested by Iranian security forces on suspicion of spying for an Arab state`s intelligence agency, the Fars news agency reported.
"A person with a known identity who is linked with the spy service of an Arab state has been arrested by the Sabzevar (city) Corps," RIA Novosti quoted the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) as saying in a statement.
The alleged spy was held after he penetrated the landing pad of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad`s helicopter during his visit to the city earlier this month.
"During interrogations, the arrested individual has confessed to his links with the citizens of an Arab country and the transfer of sensitive information to them," the IRGC said.
Iran has arrested more than 40 US and Israeli spies over the past year, Fars said.
Last month, the Intelligence Ministry said it had disbanded what it described as a large Israeli terror network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test