Man held for spying near Ahmadinejad`s helicopter
Tehran: A man has been arrested by Iranian security forces on suspicion of spying for an Arab state`s intelligence agency, the Fars news agency reported.
"A person with a known identity who is linked with the spy service of an Arab state has been arrested by the Sabzevar (city) Corps," RIA Novosti quoted the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) as saying in a statement.
The alleged spy was held after he penetrated the landing pad of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad`s helicopter during his visit to the city earlier this month.
"During interrogations, the arrested individual has confessed to his links with the citizens of an Arab country and the transfer of sensitive information to them," the IRGC said.
Iran has arrested more than 40 US and Israeli spies over the past year, Fars said.
Last month, the Intelligence Ministry said it had disbanded what it described as a large Israeli terror network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing