Man held in Australia for rape, murder of child
Sydney: Australian police have arrested a 23-year-old man for raping and murdering his two-year-old stepdaughter in a northeastern city of the country, local media reported Friday.
he attack took place April 18 when the man raped the child and punched her several times in the abdomen.
The incident occurred during 20 minutes of the mother`s absence from the house, police sources told local agency AAP.
The child was taken to a hospital in the city of Coffs Harbour, 530 km north of Sydney, where she died after three days.
The man was taken into custody Thursday and has been charged with a brutal sexual assault on a person under 10 years, murder, and other crimes related to consumption of drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal