Man held in NYC bomb probe ordered deported
Boston: A US immigration judge has ordered a
man arrested in Massachusetts during the probe into the failed
Times Square car bombing deported to his native Pakistan.
The ruling in the case of 27-year-old Aftab Khan was made
yesterday and announced Saturday.
Khan was one of three men arrested on immigration charges
May 13 and suspected of supplying money to the primary
suspect, Faisal Shahzad. But authorities say the men may not
have known how the money would be used.
Khan`s lawyer had asked the judge to allow his client to
voluntarily leave the country. Federal authorities had asked
the judge to keep Khan in the US.
Khan says he never heard of Shahzad before his arrest.
Authorities say Khan had Shahzad`s name in his cell phone.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi
- VITEEE 2016 exam results declared! Check VIT Engineering Entrance Examination ranks now
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?