Man held in NYC bomb probe ordered deported
Boston: A US immigration judge has ordered a
man arrested in Massachusetts during the probe into the failed
Times Square car bombing deported to his native Pakistan.
The ruling in the case of 27-year-old Aftab Khan was made
yesterday and announced Saturday.
Khan was one of three men arrested on immigration charges
May 13 and suspected of supplying money to the primary
suspect, Faisal Shahzad. But authorities say the men may not
have known how the money would be used.
Khan`s lawyer had asked the judge to allow his client to
voluntarily leave the country. Federal authorities had asked
the judge to keep Khan in the US.
Khan says he never heard of Shahzad before his arrest.
Authorities say Khan had Shahzad`s name in his cell phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why