Man held in NYC bomb probe ordered deported
Boston: A US immigration judge has ordered a
man arrested in Massachusetts during the probe into the failed
Times Square car bombing deported to his native Pakistan.
The ruling in the case of 27-year-old Aftab Khan was made
yesterday and announced Saturday.
Khan was one of three men arrested on immigration charges
May 13 and suspected of supplying money to the primary
suspect, Faisal Shahzad. But authorities say the men may not
have known how the money would be used.
Khan`s lawyer had asked the judge to allow his client to
voluntarily leave the country. Federal authorities had asked
the judge to keep Khan in the US.
Khan says he never heard of Shahzad before his arrest.
Authorities say Khan had Shahzad`s name in his cell phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron