Man held over Chinese woman`s death in Italy
Rome: A man was arrested in Italy`s Florence city after the lifeless body of a Chinese woman was discovered near a lake, police said.
The 37-year-old man told police he met the woman in an internet chat room earlier this year.
The man and the Chinese woman, who was studying at the University of Perugia since March, chose to meet for the first time in person at Lake Trasimeno in Umbria region, police said.
But the man panicked when the woman became ill after drinking and taking drugs, and he fled without trying to help her.
Investigators said an autopsy will be carried out on the woman to establish if alcohol and drugs killed her.
The man faces charges of failing to give aid at the scene of an accident and hiding a body.
He does not have a previous criminal record, although he had been reported to police for taking drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire