Man hurls wife to death from 9th floor in Italy
Rome: An Albanian woman died when her husband threw her from the balcony of their ninth-floor apartment in northern Italy, police said.
The 30-year-old man, who has a criminal record, was arrested Monday in Cologno Monzese in Lombardy region on suspicion of murdering his 31-year-old wife late Sunday.
The man initially claimed his wife had committed suicide, but police noted deep scratches on his face and stomach, indicating there had been a violent struggle.
Neighbours said they frequently heard the couple fighting and that the Albanian woman had told them her husband had a lover who he refused to stop seeing.
The woman also told a friend and a relative that she suffered threats and domestic abuse from her husband but had never reported to police.
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part II
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part III
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain