Man hurls wife to death from 9th floor in Italy
Rome: An Albanian woman died when her husband threw her from the balcony of their ninth-floor apartment in northern Italy, police said.
The 30-year-old man, who has a criminal record, was arrested Monday in Cologno Monzese in Lombardy region on suspicion of murdering his 31-year-old wife late Sunday.
The man initially claimed his wife had committed suicide, but police noted deep scratches on his face and stomach, indicating there had been a violent struggle.
Neighbours said they frequently heard the couple fighting and that the Albanian woman had told them her husband had a lover who he refused to stop seeing.
The woman also told a friend and a relative that she suffered threats and domestic abuse from her husband but had never reported to police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city