Man in China`s Xinjiang province goes on a stabbing spree
Beijing: A young man in China`s troubled
Xinjiang province went on a stabbing spree injuring six people
before committing suicide after being surrounded by police.
The man, in his 20s and armed with a knife and scissors,
stabbed six passers-by, including a middle school student, on
Xiyu road in Kashgar on Monday, official Xinhua news agency
Police soon arrived at the scene, surrounded the man and
fired warning shots but he committed suicide by cutting his
throat with a knife three times, it said.
Police without revealing his identity confirmed that the
man was dead.
A driving license and five bottles suspected of
containing marijuana were found in the man`s pocket.
All the six injured were rushed to the hospital.
The seriously injured student was under emergency
treatment, Xinhua said.
It is not clear whether the incident anyway is related to
ethnic unrest between Muslim Uyghur community and the Han
Chinese in which 200 people were killed in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed