Man in China`s Xinjiang province goes on a stabbing spree
Beijing: A young man in China`s troubled
Xinjiang province went on a stabbing spree injuring six people
before committing suicide after being surrounded by police.
The man, in his 20s and armed with a knife and scissors,
stabbed six passers-by, including a middle school student, on
Xiyu road in Kashgar on Monday, official Xinhua news agency
Police soon arrived at the scene, surrounded the man and
fired warning shots but he committed suicide by cutting his
throat with a knife three times, it said.
Police without revealing his identity confirmed that the
man was dead.
A driving license and five bottles suspected of
containing marijuana were found in the man`s pocket.
All the six injured were rushed to the hospital.
The seriously injured student was under emergency
treatment, Xinhua said.
It is not clear whether the incident anyway is related to
ethnic unrest between Muslim Uyghur community and the Han
Chinese in which 200 people were killed in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday