Man in China`s Xinjiang province goes on a stabbing spree
Beijing: A young man in China`s troubled
Xinjiang province went on a stabbing spree injuring six people
before committing suicide after being surrounded by police.
The man, in his 20s and armed with a knife and scissors,
stabbed six passers-by, including a middle school student, on
Xiyu road in Kashgar on Monday, official Xinhua news agency
Police soon arrived at the scene, surrounded the man and
fired warning shots but he committed suicide by cutting his
throat with a knife three times, it said.
Police without revealing his identity confirmed that the
man was dead.
A driving license and five bottles suspected of
containing marijuana were found in the man`s pocket.
All the six injured were rushed to the hospital.
The seriously injured student was under emergency
treatment, Xinhua said.
It is not clear whether the incident anyway is related to
ethnic unrest between Muslim Uyghur community and the Han
Chinese in which 200 people were killed in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi