Man kills daughter because she didn`t smile at him
London: A man in New Zealand has been charged with murdering his two-year-old daughter after he allegedly threw her against a wall and then stomped on her because she never smiled at him.
Kefu Ikamanu pleaded not guilty in the high court in Auckland to murdering his daughter Seini by breaking her shoulder, pelvis and causing a brain injury, the Daily Mail reported.
The man threw his daughter against a wall and then stomped on her because she never smiled at him, the prosecutor told the court.
The girl died of fatal injuries in March 2010, 21 days before her third birthday. She was affected with pneumonia, which the court heard had been caused by the injury to her brain.
The court heard the accused was not able to form a close bond with his daughter, and became "frustrated and angry" with what he thought was the spoilt behaviour of his child.
The girl had only recently been reunited with her family after living with her grandparents for most of her life.
The case continues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...