Man leaves a million bucks at Italian restaurant
Sydney: Mamma mia! That`s a lot of dough, even for an upscale pizzeria.
Police are looking for the owner of a suitcase "full of money" that was left at the Italian restaurant in Sydney by a mystery customer.
Ten Network television reported the suitcase left at Cafe Marco on Tuesday morning contained about AUD 1 million (USD 1 million) in 50 dollar notes.
But police will only describe the suitcase contents as "a significant amount of cash”.
Detective Inspector Ian Pryde told reporters a man around 30-years-old wearing surfing shorts and a singlet carried the suitcase into the cafe. He then "seemed to get spooked" and left without the money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India