Man nabbed with fake USD 1 million bills in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi: Can you break a USD 1 million?
Not a chance. But the story is rich in audacity.
A man from the Ivory Coast is in police custody in Abu
Dhabi after allegedly persuading a woman to try to exchange
two phony USD 1 million bills at the UAE`s Central Bank.
Police say the suspect promised the woman a 30 percent
cut after the bills were traded, presumably for US bills or
UAE dirham. The suspect was identified in press reports Sunday
only by the initials A B.
The phony notes feature the USD 1 portrait of George
Washington and are mostly black and white on the front.
The National newspaper quotes Col Rashid Mohammed
Bursheed, the head of the organised crime unit, as saying the
suspect claims he thought the bills were real.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what