Man nabbed with fake USD 1 million bills in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi: Can you break a USD 1 million?
Not a chance. But the story is rich in audacity.
A man from the Ivory Coast is in police custody in Abu
Dhabi after allegedly persuading a woman to try to exchange
two phony USD 1 million bills at the UAE`s Central Bank.
Police say the suspect promised the woman a 30 percent
cut after the bills were traded, presumably for US bills or
UAE dirham. The suspect was identified in press reports Sunday
only by the initials A B.
The phony notes feature the USD 1 portrait of George
Washington and are mostly black and white on the front.
The National newspaper quotes Col Rashid Mohammed
Bursheed, the head of the organised crime unit, as saying the
suspect claims he thought the bills were real.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police