Man nabbed with fake USD 1 million bills in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi: Can you break a USD 1 million?
Not a chance. But the story is rich in audacity.
A man from the Ivory Coast is in police custody in Abu
Dhabi after allegedly persuading a woman to try to exchange
two phony USD 1 million bills at the UAE`s Central Bank.
Police say the suspect promised the woman a 30 percent
cut after the bills were traded, presumably for US bills or
UAE dirham. The suspect was identified in press reports Sunday
only by the initials A B.
The phony notes feature the USD 1 portrait of George
Washington and are mostly black and white on the front.
The National newspaper quotes Col Rashid Mohammed
Bursheed, the head of the organised crime unit, as saying the
suspect claims he thought the bills were real.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan