Man nabbed with fake USD 1 million bills in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi: Can you break a USD 1 million?
Not a chance. But the story is rich in audacity.
A man from the Ivory Coast is in police custody in Abu
Dhabi after allegedly persuading a woman to try to exchange
two phony USD 1 million bills at the UAE`s Central Bank.
Police say the suspect promised the woman a 30 percent
cut after the bills were traded, presumably for US bills or
UAE dirham. The suspect was identified in press reports Sunday
only by the initials A B.
The phony notes feature the USD 1 portrait of George
Washington and are mostly black and white on the front.
The National newspaper quotes Col Rashid Mohammed
Bursheed, the head of the organised crime unit, as saying the
suspect claims he thought the bills were real.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- See pic: Tim Kopra shares view of massive storm near Japan from space!
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security
- After Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, forest fire now rages in J&K
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo