Man sentenced to death for killing 8 people in China
Beijing: A 41-year-old man has been sentenced to death in China for killing eight of his neighbours, including three children, following a dispute over the positioning of a mirror.
Li Lingtao was convicted by a local court in Pingdingshan City of central China's Henan Province for the murder of his neighbours using an iron bar, an axe and a cleaver in May this year.
Li surrendered to police after the crime, saying he was angry that his neighbours living opposite the street had put up a mirror on their gate.
He suspected they were trying to damage his feng shui, the ancient Chinese philosophical system under which geomantic omens are held to affect the fortunes of an abode.
During an open trial attended by nearly 100 people on Thursday, Li admitted to the court that he killed the people seeking revenge, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The Intermediate People's Court of Pingdingshan also deprived him of his political rights for life, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog