Man slashing ladies faces in Beijing subway trains held
Beijing: Chinese police have arrested a man who created panic in the Beijing subway for a while by slashing the faces of many women with a blade to vent out his "emotional frustration".
The man, surnamed Hu, 25, is suspected of slashing several female passengers` faces on the city`s subway lines 5 and 10 and was arrested yesterday according to statement by Beijing police posted on its official micro blog.
During the preliminary investigation, the suspect, hailing from the city`s Chaoyang district, confessed that he resorted to the attacks due to emotional frustration, the police statement quoted by state-run China Daily said.
The man is accused of attacking five women, one of whom needed 15 stitches.
It is not known yet how long he has been attacking the women.
His attacks came as a mentally deranged person in central China`s Henan Province attacked school children with a knife outside the school yesterday.
Twenty-two children were injured in the attack.
Before the arrest, the suspect`s description and photos were posted on the Internet.
Cui Shaoyu, 24, an employee at a media company who takes subway Line 10 from Guomao station to Tuanjiehu station every day said she is still worried, even though the suspect has been arrested.
"When I first heard of the case through my micro blog, I thought it was fake, because sometimes online news is exaggerated.
"But I finally believed it after some portal websites published witnesses` photos with blood", she told the Daily.
Sun Yue, 24, another Beijing resident, has the same concern.
"At first I thought the man wanted to steal those women`s cell phones, but after I got the truth, I was shocked. It`s crazy and unbelievable," she said, adding that she will not stand near the subway`s gates where the victims were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui