Man sues ex-wife for `stealing his frozen sperm`
London: An Emirati man is suing his Russian ex-wife for stealing his frozen sperm to get pregnant without his knowledge.
The man from Abu Dhabi said that shortly before their divorce, his Russian wife was secretly inseminated with his sperm at a clinic where they had earlier sought fertility treatment.
The couple split less than three weeks later, the `Daily Mail` reported.
"I am angry it was done without my knowledge. I want justice. This is not acceptable," he said.
The couple, who have not been named, were desperate for a baby during their four-year marriage and twice sought fertility treatment at a clinic in the UAE without success.
As the marriage was falling apart, the wife went to Russia where she underwent further fertility treatment without telling him.
The claimant told Abu Dhabi Appeals Court when his wife returned to the UAE, she went back to the original clinic and forged his signature on forms consenting to the use of his sperm in storage.
He only discovered he had become a father four months after the divorce when she told his friend what she had done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you