Man sues ex-wife for `stealing his frozen sperm`
London: An Emirati man is suing his Russian ex-wife for stealing his frozen sperm to get pregnant without his knowledge.
The man from Abu Dhabi said that shortly before their divorce, his Russian wife was secretly inseminated with his sperm at a clinic where they had earlier sought fertility treatment.
The couple split less than three weeks later, the `Daily Mail` reported.
"I am angry it was done without my knowledge. I want justice. This is not acceptable," he said.
The couple, who have not been named, were desperate for a baby during their four-year marriage and twice sought fertility treatment at a clinic in the UAE without success.
As the marriage was falling apart, the wife went to Russia where she underwent further fertility treatment without telling him.
The claimant told Abu Dhabi Appeals Court when his wife returned to the UAE, she went back to the original clinic and forged his signature on forms consenting to the use of his sperm in storage.
He only discovered he had become a father four months after the divorce when she told his friend what she had done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak