Man sues ex-wife for `stealing his frozen sperm`
London: An Emirati man is suing his Russian ex-wife for stealing his frozen sperm to get pregnant without his knowledge.
The man from Abu Dhabi said that shortly before their divorce, his Russian wife was secretly inseminated with his sperm at a clinic where they had earlier sought fertility treatment.
The couple split less than three weeks later, the `Daily Mail` reported.
"I am angry it was done without my knowledge. I want justice. This is not acceptable," he said.
The couple, who have not been named, were desperate for a baby during their four-year marriage and twice sought fertility treatment at a clinic in the UAE without success.
As the marriage was falling apart, the wife went to Russia where she underwent further fertility treatment without telling him.
The claimant told Abu Dhabi Appeals Court when his wife returned to the UAE, she went back to the original clinic and forged his signature on forms consenting to the use of his sperm in storage.
He only discovered he had become a father four months after the divorce when she told his friend what she had done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre