Man threatens to blow up US plane
Los Angeles: A passenger on a US aircraft sprayed the first class cabin with a water bottle, tried to open a cabin door and threatened to blow up the plane, officials have said.
Stanley Dwayne Sheffield, 46, was taken into custody on Friday for allegedly interfering with crew members on a flight from Los Angeles to Tampa, Florida, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) said on Friday.
Sheffield was subdued by crew members and fellow passengers after his threat.
The incident prompted the Delta flight 2148 to change its route to Albuquerque in New Mexico, FBI supervisory special agent Darrin Jones was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
The plane later took off from Albuquerque and landed safely a few hours later in Tampa. No one was hurt in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city