Man threatens to blow up US plane
Los Angeles: A passenger on a US aircraft sprayed the first class cabin with a water bottle, tried to open a cabin door and threatened to blow up the plane, officials have said.
Stanley Dwayne Sheffield, 46, was taken into custody on Friday for allegedly interfering with crew members on a flight from Los Angeles to Tampa, Florida, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) said on Friday.
Sheffield was subdued by crew members and fellow passengers after his threat.
The incident prompted the Delta flight 2148 to change its route to Albuquerque in New Mexico, FBI supervisory special agent Darrin Jones was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
The plane later took off from Albuquerque and landed safely a few hours later in Tampa. No one was hurt in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`