Man threatens to blow up US plane
Los Angeles: A passenger on a US aircraft sprayed the first class cabin with a water bottle, tried to open a cabin door and threatened to blow up the plane, officials have said.
Stanley Dwayne Sheffield, 46, was taken into custody on Friday for allegedly interfering with crew members on a flight from Los Angeles to Tampa, Florida, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) said on Friday.
Sheffield was subdued by crew members and fellow passengers after his threat.
The incident prompted the Delta flight 2148 to change its route to Albuquerque in New Mexico, FBI supervisory special agent Darrin Jones was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
The plane later took off from Albuquerque and landed safely a few hours later in Tampa. No one was hurt in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic