‘Man threw woman on subway tracks in Philly’
Philadelphia: Transit police in Philadelphia have arrested a man who allegedly threw a woman on the subway tracks at a station in the city`s Chinatown neighborhood.
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority police say the attack happened around 3:30 PM Tuesday when the man approached the woman on the subway platform and asked for a light. Surveillance video shows the suspect then moved closer and began beating her.
Authorities say the man grabbed the woman by her ankles and threw here onto the tracks before walking away with her phone. It was unclear if he knew her.
SEPTA Police Chief Thomas Nestell says the woman was able to climb off the tracks and suffered only bumps and bruises.
Police say they arrested the man around 2:30 PM yesterday, identifying him by his jacket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof