‘Man threw woman on subway tracks in Philly’
Philadelphia: Transit police in Philadelphia have arrested a man who allegedly threw a woman on the subway tracks at a station in the city`s Chinatown neighborhood.
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority police say the attack happened around 3:30 PM Tuesday when the man approached the woman on the subway platform and asked for a light. Surveillance video shows the suspect then moved closer and began beating her.
Authorities say the man grabbed the woman by her ankles and threw here onto the tracks before walking away with her phone. It was unclear if he knew her.
SEPTA Police Chief Thomas Nestell says the woman was able to climb off the tracks and suffered only bumps and bruises.
Police say they arrested the man around 2:30 PM yesterday, identifying him by his jacket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam