Man who tried to kill Obama believes he is Jesus
Washington: A 21-year-old man charged with attempting to assassinate US President Barack Obama, has described himself as “a modern day Jesus”.
A bizarre 20-minute video of Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez showed him making a pitch to Oprah Winfrey to cast him on her show, the New York Daily News reports.
“You see, Oprah, there is still so much more that God needs for me to express to the world. It’s not just a coincidence that I look like Jesus,” Ortega-Hernandez said.
“I am the modern day Jesus Christ that you all have been waiting for,” he added.
Ortega-Hernandez, who was arrested in Pennsylvania on Wednesday, is accused of opening fire on the White House with an assault rifle last Friday. One of the bullets struck a window in the First Family`s residence on the south side of the White House.
In the footage, obtained by Idaho TV station KBOI, Ortega-Hernandez reads from a note pad as he discusses his stint as a gangbanger, pushes for the legalisation of marijuana and wonders aloud about why people spend time drinking and partying.
“Please do not take me as a joke or as a deception. I have never felt so sure that I was sent here by God to lead the world to Zion,” Ortega-Hernandez said.
According to the report, Ramon Bailey, a student at Idaho State University, shot the video in September.
Bailey said he filmed the spot after Ortega-Hernandez approached him and said he wanted to shoot a “commercial”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed