Manager of petrol pump owned by Baichung Bhutia nabbed
Siliguri: The manager and an employee of a petrol pump, owned by footballer Baichung Bhutia, have been nabbed for selling water instead of diesel, police said today.
Two truck drivers said their vehicles had stopped moving as they drove out of the pump after filling diesel from the petrol pump at Mallaguri Regulated Market area here yesterday.
On examination, they found water instead of diesel in the fuel tank of the vehicle and the pipe which connects the tank with the engine, the police said.
When they brought it to the notice of the pump manager, he denied it.
The truck drivers then informed the Pradhannagar police station.
Tension gripped the area with angry people assembling to ransack the pump, the police said.
Following the development, the manager, Sanjay Sengupta and an employee, Sujit Das, were nabbed, Siliguri police commissioner K Jayraman said.
He confirmed that the petrol pump was owned by Baichung Bhutia.
"Only after Bharat Petroleum conducts a test and investigates it, we shall be able to take further action," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video