Mandela`s health still critical but improving
Cape Town: South Africa`s former president Nelson Mandela remained in a critical but stable condition, the country`s presidency said Friday.
Nothing had changed from the last update on Mandela`s condition issued Aug 11, Xinhua quoted presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj as saying.
In the last update, Maharaj quoted Mandela`s medical team as saying that Mandela`s health was improving steadily, but he still remained in a critical condition.
Mandela was rushed to a hospital in Pretoria for a recurring lung infection June 8. Friday was his 77th day in hospital.
Mandela`s daughter Zindzi Mandela Aug 9 said that her father could manage to sit up, a sign of great improvement in his condition.
The Nobel Peace Prize laureate has been suffering from a recurring lung infection, which is the result of tuberculosis developed when he was imprisoned for 27 years during the apartheid period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000