Manhunt for abductors of Nigerian minister`s mother
Abuja: Nigerian police on Monday launched a manhunt for the abductors of the mother of the oil-rich nation`s Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
83-year-old Kamene Okonjo, who is also the wife of a traditional ruler, has been abducted from her palace in southern Nigerian town of Ogwashi Ukwu yesterday by a group of armed men.
The country`s Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar ordered the massive manhunt for the kidnappers.
"Operatives should ensure that no stone is left unturned in unravelling the mystery behind the abduction of Okonjo, mother of Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, and bring the evil perpetrators to book," Abubakar said in the country`s capital city, Abuja today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu