Manhunt for abductors of Nigerian minister`s mother
Abuja: Nigerian police on Monday launched a manhunt for the abductors of the mother of the oil-rich nation`s Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
83-year-old Kamene Okonjo, who is also the wife of a traditional ruler, has been abducted from her palace in southern Nigerian town of Ogwashi Ukwu yesterday by a group of armed men.
The country`s Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar ordered the massive manhunt for the kidnappers.
"Operatives should ensure that no stone is left unturned in unravelling the mystery behind the abduction of Okonjo, mother of Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, and bring the evil perpetrators to book," Abubakar said in the country`s capital city, Abuja today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed