Manning faces arraignment in WikiLeaks case
Fort Meade (US): Bradley Manning, the US Army
private accused of spilling thousands of US secrets to
WikiLeaks, is being asked for the first time to enter a plea
to the charges.
Manning`s arraignment began on Thursday.
The 24-year-old faces 22 counts, including aiding the
enemy. That charge carries a maximum sentence of life in
Manning has been locked up since May 2010. He is accused
of giving the anti-secrecy WikiLeaks website more than 700,000
classified documents and video clips while working in Iraq.
Defence lawyers say Manning was a troubled soldier who
shouldn`t have had access to classified material.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'