Manning faces arraignment in WikiLeaks case
Fort Meade (US): Bradley Manning, the US Army
private accused of spilling thousands of US secrets to
WikiLeaks, is being asked for the first time to enter a plea
to the charges.
Manning`s arraignment began on Thursday.
The 24-year-old faces 22 counts, including aiding the
enemy. That charge carries a maximum sentence of life in
Manning has been locked up since May 2010. He is accused
of giving the anti-secrecy WikiLeaks website more than 700,000
classified documents and video clips while working in Iraq.
Defence lawyers say Manning was a troubled soldier who
shouldn`t have had access to classified material.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video