Manning faces arraignment in WikiLeaks case
Fort Meade (US): Bradley Manning, the US Army
private accused of spilling thousands of US secrets to
WikiLeaks, is being asked for the first time to enter a plea
to the charges.
Manning`s arraignment began on Thursday.
The 24-year-old faces 22 counts, including aiding the
enemy. That charge carries a maximum sentence of life in
Manning has been locked up since May 2010. He is accused
of giving the anti-secrecy WikiLeaks website more than 700,000
classified documents and video clips while working in Iraq.
Defence lawyers say Manning was a troubled soldier who
shouldn`t have had access to classified material.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars