Manning faces arraignment in WikiLeaks case
Fort Meade (US): Bradley Manning, the US Army
private accused of spilling thousands of US secrets to
WikiLeaks, is being asked for the first time to enter a plea
to the charges.
Manning`s arraignment began on Thursday.
The 24-year-old faces 22 counts, including aiding the
enemy. That charge carries a maximum sentence of life in
Manning has been locked up since May 2010. He is accused
of giving the anti-secrecy WikiLeaks website more than 700,000
classified documents and video clips while working in Iraq.
Defence lawyers say Manning was a troubled soldier who
shouldn`t have had access to classified material.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'