Manning`s family saddened by 35-year sentence
Hanovar: The family of US Army Pfc Bradley Manning says they are saddened and disappointed in the 35-year sentence he received for giving troves of military and government secrets to WikiLeaks.
Manning`s attorney David Coombs read a statement from the family Wednesday during a news conference.
The statement from the family said Manning`s intentions were good and he believed he was acting in the best interest of the US. They also thanked his defense team and supporters around the world and said the fight was not over.
Manning`s uncle Kevin Fox told BBC television that the soldier shouldn`t have been given any time at all and he called him a hero. Fox is Welsh, like Manning`s mother, who is reportedly in poor health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday