Man`s bomb comment delays flight in New York
Ronkonkoma: An airport official says a man "made a comment about a bomb" on a flight from Chicago to New York`s MacArthur Airport, forcing passengers to deboard as authorities inspected the aircraft.
No explosive device was found. The man was taken into custody after the last afternoon`s incident on a Southwest Airlines flight.
MacArthur Airport Commissioner Teresa Rizzuto says charges are still pending.
She says the suspect made the comment to a flight attendant before the plane landed.
The flight was making a scheduled stop at the Long Island airport before leaving for West Palm Beach, Florida. It continued on later.
Southwest Airlines didn`t immediately return a call seeking comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda