Man`s bomb comment delays flight in New York
Ronkonkoma: An airport official says a man "made a comment about a bomb" on a flight from Chicago to New York`s MacArthur Airport, forcing passengers to deboard as authorities inspected the aircraft.
No explosive device was found. The man was taken into custody after the last afternoon`s incident on a Southwest Airlines flight.
MacArthur Airport Commissioner Teresa Rizzuto says charges are still pending.
She says the suspect made the comment to a flight attendant before the plane landed.
The flight was making a scheduled stop at the Long Island airport before leaving for West Palm Beach, Florida. It continued on later.
Southwest Airlines didn`t immediately return a call seeking comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'