Man`s bomb comment delays flight in New York
Ronkonkoma: An airport official says a man "made a comment about a bomb" on a flight from Chicago to New York`s MacArthur Airport, forcing passengers to deboard as authorities inspected the aircraft.
No explosive device was found. The man was taken into custody after the last afternoon`s incident on a Southwest Airlines flight.
MacArthur Airport Commissioner Teresa Rizzuto says charges are still pending.
She says the suspect made the comment to a flight attendant before the plane landed.
The flight was making a scheduled stop at the Long Island airport before leaving for West Palm Beach, Florida. It continued on later.
Southwest Airlines didn`t immediately return a call seeking comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli