Man`s bomb comment delays flight in New York
Ronkonkoma: An airport official says a man "made a comment about a bomb" on a flight from Chicago to New York`s MacArthur Airport, forcing passengers to deboard as authorities inspected the aircraft.
No explosive device was found. The man was taken into custody after the last afternoon`s incident on a Southwest Airlines flight.
MacArthur Airport Commissioner Teresa Rizzuto says charges are still pending.
She says the suspect made the comment to a flight attendant before the plane landed.
The flight was making a scheduled stop at the Long Island airport before leaving for West Palm Beach, Florida. It continued on later.
Southwest Airlines didn`t immediately return a call seeking comment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!