Mao`s grandson eyes run at politics
Beijing: The grandson of China`s
revolutionary leader Mao Zedong said he wanted to get more
involved in politics in an interview today, just days after
his promotion to major general.
Mao Xinyu, who is a researcher at the Academy of Military
Sciences of the People`s Liberation Army, told the popular web
portal Netease that politics appealed to him.
"Even before my mother died, she hoped I would get
involved in politics. By entering the army, my mother chose
for me a really good route and angle, and it`s from the
military that I will develop," he said.
Mao`s comments came after state media announced on Monday
that he had been elevated to the rank of major general in the
The 40-year-old, who bears a resemblance to the founder
of communist China, has written several books including "My
Grandfather Mao Zedong" and has a blog.
He already serves as a delegate to the Chinese People`s
Political Consultative Conference, a body that in theory
advises the main congress on political matters.
Mao said in the interview that his family background had
"definitely" helped his progress to major general.
"That is an objective fact, it can`t be avoided," he was
quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder