Marauding bear forces evacuation of three Chinese villages
Beijing: A 2-meter-tall bear forced the evacuation of more than 300 people from 3 villages in northeast China`s Heilongjiang Province today.
The black-and-brown bear was first seen today morning at Majiagang Village in Mishan City, near the China-Russia border, causing panic among villagers who were on their way to farms, Wang Lei of the border police force said.
"The bear was found roaming the farm, presumably searching for food. It later wandered into the nearby villages of Shijuzi and Lihu and was eventually driven into a pinewood grove by police vehicles," state-run news agency Xinhua quoted Wang as saying.
No casualties have been reported.
Chinese villages along the China-Russia border have been reporting increases sightings of wild animals due to improving ecology.
It remains unclear whether the bear came from across the border, the Xinhua report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says