Marauding bear forces evacuation of three Chinese villages
Beijing: A 2-meter-tall bear forced the evacuation of more than 300 people from 3 villages in northeast China`s Heilongjiang Province today.
The black-and-brown bear was first seen today morning at Majiagang Village in Mishan City, near the China-Russia border, causing panic among villagers who were on their way to farms, Wang Lei of the border police force said.
"The bear was found roaming the farm, presumably searching for food. It later wandered into the nearby villages of Shijuzi and Lihu and was eventually driven into a pinewood grove by police vehicles," state-run news agency Xinhua quoted Wang as saying.
No casualties have been reported.
Chinese villages along the China-Russia border have been reporting increases sightings of wild animals due to improving ecology.
It remains unclear whether the bear came from across the border, the Xinhua report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know