Marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol, says Barack Obama
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: US President Barack Obama has reportedly said that smoking `marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol.`
Obama made the comments while speaking to an international magazine and said that he smoked pot as a kid and consider it as a bad habit, as per news reports.
However, it`s effect is no more dangerous than one would have after consuming alcohol, Obama reportedly said.
The comment was made by the US president in the wake of legalising the drug in Colorado and Washington.
He also added that it will be incorrect to think that legalising marijuana would be instrumental in putting an end to social problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach