Marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol, says Barack Obama
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: US President Barack Obama has reportedly said that smoking `marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol.`
Obama made the comments while speaking to an international magazine and said that he smoked pot as a kid and consider it as a bad habit, as per news reports.
However, it`s effect is no more dangerous than one would have after consuming alcohol, Obama reportedly said.
The comment was made by the US president in the wake of legalising the drug in Colorado and Washington.
He also added that it will be incorrect to think that legalising marijuana would be instrumental in putting an end to social problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters