Marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol, says Barack Obama
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: US President Barack Obama has reportedly said that smoking `marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol.`
Obama made the comments while speaking to an international magazine and said that he smoked pot as a kid and consider it as a bad habit, as per news reports.
However, it`s effect is no more dangerous than one would have after consuming alcohol, Obama reportedly said.
The comment was made by the US president in the wake of legalising the drug in Colorado and Washington.
He also added that it will be incorrect to think that legalising marijuana would be instrumental in putting an end to social problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray