Marina Berlusconi denies she will enter politics
Milan: Silvio Berlusconi`s eldest daughter says she is not getting into politics, denying speculation that she might be tapped as his political heiress.
Marina Berlusconi, 47, issued a statement on Monday, denying "in the most forceful way" any intention of entering politics. She said her "past, present and future" are at the Mediaset empire founded by her father.
The nation has buzzed with speculation over her presumed political ambitions ever since the supreme court in August confirmed the three-time former premier`s tax fraud conviction, jail sentence and ban from political office.
High-profile Berlusconi loyalists joined the campaign to draft her.
Berlusconi, 77, faces the loss of his Senate seat due to the conviction, although the political ban does not prevent him from leading a political party. He relaunched Forza Italia last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey