Marina Berlusconi denies she will enter politics
Milan: Silvio Berlusconi`s eldest daughter says she is not getting into politics, denying speculation that she might be tapped as his political heiress.
Marina Berlusconi, 47, issued a statement on Monday, denying "in the most forceful way" any intention of entering politics. She said her "past, present and future" are at the Mediaset empire founded by her father.
The nation has buzzed with speculation over her presumed political ambitions ever since the supreme court in August confirmed the three-time former premier`s tax fraud conviction, jail sentence and ban from political office.
High-profile Berlusconi loyalists joined the campaign to draft her.
Berlusconi, 77, faces the loss of his Senate seat due to the conviction, although the political ban does not prevent him from leading a political party. He relaunched Forza Italia last week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know