Marriage bounty of $65mn to woo tycoon’s lesbian daughter
Hong Kong: A Hong Kong billionaire has announced $65m reward for any man who would be able to woo and marry his lesbian daughter.
Property and shipping tycoon Cecil Chao has promised the "marriage bounty" following reports that his daughter had wed her long-term girlfriend, BBC reported.
Cecil, who has never married himself, claimed that his daughter was still single and needed a "good husband".
Same-sex unions are not recognised in Hong Kong, although homosexuality was decriminalised in 1991.
Gigi Chao, a businesswoman and graduate from the University of Manchester, is said to have married her female partner of seven years, Sean Eav, in a ceremony in France earlier this year.
Her flamboyant father, however, rejected such claims as false, adding that his generous offer had already evoked many replies from potential suitors.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai