Marriage bounty of $65mn to woo tycoon’s lesbian daughter
Hong Kong: A Hong Kong billionaire has announced $65m reward for any man who would be able to woo and marry his lesbian daughter.
Property and shipping tycoon Cecil Chao has promised the "marriage bounty" following reports that his daughter had wed her long-term girlfriend, BBC reported.
Cecil, who has never married himself, claimed that his daughter was still single and needed a "good husband".
Same-sex unions are not recognised in Hong Kong, although homosexuality was decriminalised in 1991.
Gigi Chao, a businesswoman and graduate from the University of Manchester, is said to have married her female partner of seven years, Sean Eav, in a ceremony in France earlier this year.
Her flamboyant father, however, rejected such claims as false, adding that his generous offer had already evoked many replies from potential suitors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail