Marriage bounty of $65mn to woo tycoon’s lesbian daughter
Hong Kong: A Hong Kong billionaire has announced $65m reward for any man who would be able to woo and marry his lesbian daughter.
Property and shipping tycoon Cecil Chao has promised the "marriage bounty" following reports that his daughter had wed her long-term girlfriend, BBC reported.
Cecil, who has never married himself, claimed that his daughter was still single and needed a "good husband".
Same-sex unions are not recognised in Hong Kong, although homosexuality was decriminalised in 1991.
Gigi Chao, a businesswoman and graduate from the University of Manchester, is said to have married her female partner of seven years, Sean Eav, in a ceremony in France earlier this year.
Her flamboyant father, however, rejected such claims as false, adding that his generous offer had already evoked many replies from potential suitors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj