Marriage bounty of $65mn to woo tycoon’s lesbian daughter
Hong Kong: A Hong Kong billionaire has announced $65m reward for any man who would be able to woo and marry his lesbian daughter.
Property and shipping tycoon Cecil Chao has promised the "marriage bounty" following reports that his daughter had wed her long-term girlfriend, BBC reported.
Cecil, who has never married himself, claimed that his daughter was still single and needed a "good husband".
Same-sex unions are not recognised in Hong Kong, although homosexuality was decriminalised in 1991.
Gigi Chao, a businesswoman and graduate from the University of Manchester, is said to have married her female partner of seven years, Sean Eav, in a ceremony in France earlier this year.
Her flamboyant father, however, rejected such claims as false, adding that his generous offer had already evoked many replies from potential suitors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof