Massive landslide in Tibet, 83 gold mine workers buried
Beijing: At least 83 workers were buried after a massive landslide hit a gold mining area in Tibet on Friday.
The landslide took place in Maizhokunggar County of Lhasa, the regional capital, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The victims, including two Tibetans, were workers from a subsidiary of China National Gold Group Corporation.
Officials said rescue efforts were under way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- I see every day as a new day: Virat Kohli on his dream run
- Facebook's new ad cookies targets everyone!
- After its cheapest ride offer, Ola now launches luxury rides
- Narsingh Yadav selection over Sushil Kumar for 2016 Rio Olympics was fair: WFI tells HC
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey