Massive landslide in Tibet, 83 gold mine workers buried
Beijing: At least 83 workers were buried after a massive landslide hit a gold mining area in Tibet on Friday.
The landslide took place in Maizhokunggar County of Lhasa, the regional capital, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The victims, including two Tibetans, were workers from a subsidiary of China National Gold Group Corporation.
Officials said rescue efforts were under way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites