Massive landslide in Tibet, 83 gold mine workers buried
Beijing: At least 83 workers were buried after a massive landslide hit a gold mining area in Tibet on Friday.
The landslide took place in Maizhokunggar County of Lhasa, the regional capital, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The victims, including two Tibetans, were workers from a subsidiary of China National Gold Group Corporation.
Officials said rescue efforts were under way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city