Massive landslide in Tibet, 83 gold mine workers buried
Beijing: At least 83 workers were buried after a massive landslide hit a gold mining area in Tibet on Friday.
The landslide took place in Maizhokunggar County of Lhasa, the regional capital, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The victims, including two Tibetans, were workers from a subsidiary of China National Gold Group Corporation.
Officials said rescue efforts were under way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price