Massive UK diamond heist meticulously planned
London: Prosecutors say thieves used
sawed-off shotguns and professional makeup artists in a
carefully planned diamond heist last summer.
They say nine robbers made off with gems, then worth 40
million pounds , from the exclusive Graff Diamonds flagship
store in London`s posh New Bond Street shopping district
during a violent daytime raid.
The men are accused of kidnapping, conspiracy and other
crimes stemming from one of Britain`s biggest-ever jewel
Prosecutors said today that one woman employee was
briefly taken hostage during the robbery.
The store closed briefly after the robbery and has since
reopened with additional security systems and personnel.
All nine defendants deny the charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing