Massive UK diamond heist meticulously planned
London: Prosecutors say thieves used
sawed-off shotguns and professional makeup artists in a
carefully planned diamond heist last summer.
They say nine robbers made off with gems, then worth 40
million pounds , from the exclusive Graff Diamonds flagship
store in London`s posh New Bond Street shopping district
during a violent daytime raid.
The men are accused of kidnapping, conspiracy and other
crimes stemming from one of Britain`s biggest-ever jewel
Prosecutors said today that one woman employee was
briefly taken hostage during the robbery.
The store closed briefly after the robbery and has since
reopened with additional security systems and personnel.
All nine defendants deny the charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof