Mauritius PM reshuffles cabinet
Port Louis: Mauritius`s Prime Minister
Navinchandra Ramgoolam on Saturday reshuffled his cabinet following
the resignation of six ministers, who were protesting the
arrest of the country`s health minister on corruption charges.
Xavier Luc Duval has been appointed as the new Finance
Minister in the latest reshuffle after his predecessor Pravind
Jugnauth, the leader of Militant Socialist Movement (MSM),
quit along with five others on July 26 to protest the arrest
of Maya Hanoomanjee.
Hanoomanjee was arrested by anti-corruption commission
ICAC on charges related to "measures and directives taken for
Medpoint Ltd to be favoured over other bidders".
Medpoint Ltd is the owner of a private clinic acquired
last year by the government to set up a National Geriatric
The new cabinet has 23 ministers, two less than the
Duval is the leader of the Mauritian Social Democratic
Party (PMSD), a minority party of the ruling coalition
government. Earlier, he was the social integration minister.
Three new ministers from the Labour Party, include
Lormesh Bundhoo, Cader Sayed Hossen and Suren Dayal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred