Mauritius PM reshuffles cabinet
Port Louis: Mauritius`s Prime Minister
Navinchandra Ramgoolam on Saturday reshuffled his cabinet following
the resignation of six ministers, who were protesting the
arrest of the country`s health minister on corruption charges.
Xavier Luc Duval has been appointed as the new Finance
Minister in the latest reshuffle after his predecessor Pravind
Jugnauth, the leader of Militant Socialist Movement (MSM),
quit along with five others on July 26 to protest the arrest
of Maya Hanoomanjee.
Hanoomanjee was arrested by anti-corruption commission
ICAC on charges related to "measures and directives taken for
Medpoint Ltd to be favoured over other bidders".
Medpoint Ltd is the owner of a private clinic acquired
last year by the government to set up a National Geriatric
The new cabinet has 23 ministers, two less than the
Duval is the leader of the Mauritian Social Democratic
Party (PMSD), a minority party of the ruling coalition
government. Earlier, he was the social integration minister.
Three new ministers from the Labour Party, include
Lormesh Bundhoo, Cader Sayed Hossen and Suren Dayal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler