McAfee wins stay order on Belize deportation
Washington: Anti-virus software pioneer John McAfee has been granted a stay on his deportation to Belize, where authorities want to question him about the killing of a neighbor, his lawyer has confirmed.
Under the order, McAfee will remain in Guatemala until his immigration case is heard in court, which may be more than a month, Telesforo Guerra said.
He said McAfee remains in an immigration detention center in Guatemala City but could be released as early as next week, he told CNN.
According to the report, the judicial victory came a day after McAfee`s bid for asylum was rejected. The 67-year-old was also taken to a police hospital, where he was treated for cardiovascular problems, his legal team said.
Later, attorney Guerra said McAfee had suffered a nervous breakdown as opposed to the heart problems reported in the media.
Authorities in Belize reportedly want to talk to him about the November 11 killing of his neighbor, American businessman Gregory Faull, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani
- Misbah-ul-Haq's conversation with wife Uzma on Twitter is a HUGE hit on the internet!