McCain applauds popular uprisings in Arab world
Washington: Sen John McCain says popular uprisings across the Arab world signal "a much brighter day" for people who have never known democracy and freedom.
The Arizona Republican says Libyan ruler Moammar Gaddafi`s days are numbered. But he also says, "How long it takes and how long he holds out, I can`t tell you exactly."
McCain tells CBS`s "The Early Show" that while the US should play a role in helping Libya in a post-Gaddafi transition, European nations should take the lead. He says, "I think we ought to really be turning our attention to national reconciliation, to not having revenge killings going on."
The top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee applauds the pressure for liberation in the region, but concedes, "We don`t know where it will all end."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal