McCain applauds popular uprisings in Arab world
Washington: Sen John McCain says popular uprisings across the Arab world signal "a much brighter day" for people who have never known democracy and freedom.
The Arizona Republican says Libyan ruler Moammar Gaddafi`s days are numbered. But he also says, "How long it takes and how long he holds out, I can`t tell you exactly."
McCain tells CBS`s "The Early Show" that while the US should play a role in helping Libya in a post-Gaddafi transition, European nations should take the lead. He says, "I think we ought to really be turning our attention to national reconciliation, to not having revenge killings going on."
The top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee applauds the pressure for liberation in the region, but concedes, "We don`t know where it will all end."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video