McCain condemns Obama`s handling of Syrian crisis
Washington: Senator John McCain has condemned President Barack Obama``s foreign policy and his handling of the Syrian crisis.
"This administration has a feckless foreign policy that abandons American leadership," Politico quoted McCain as saying.
"It cries out for American leadership; American leadership is not there," he added.
McCain also condemned Obama for handling the human rights crisis in Syria.
The Arizona Republican called the US`s response to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad`s killing of civilians a "shameful episode in American history."
"Nearly 10,000 people have died. This is a brutal regime of incredible proportions," McCain said.
McCain, who was Obama`s Republican opponent in 2008, revived a common critique of Obama insisting that he did not have a strategy for victory in Afghanistan.
"This all has to do with a policy led by a president who does not believe in American exceptionalism," McCain said.
"The only conclusion you can draw is that this president wants to kick the can down the road on all of these issues until after the election," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days