McCain condemns Obama`s handling of Syrian crisis
Washington: Senator John McCain has condemned President Barack Obama``s foreign policy and his handling of the Syrian crisis.
"This administration has a feckless foreign policy that abandons American leadership," Politico quoted McCain as saying.
"It cries out for American leadership; American leadership is not there," he added.
McCain also condemned Obama for handling the human rights crisis in Syria.
The Arizona Republican called the US`s response to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad`s killing of civilians a "shameful episode in American history."
"Nearly 10,000 people have died. This is a brutal regime of incredible proportions," McCain said.
McCain, who was Obama`s Republican opponent in 2008, revived a common critique of Obama insisting that he did not have a strategy for victory in Afghanistan.
"This all has to do with a policy led by a president who does not believe in American exceptionalism," McCain said.
"The only conclusion you can draw is that this president wants to kick the can down the road on all of these issues until after the election," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM