`Mediation bus` to deal with traffic altercations
Beijing: Officials in Beijing have deployed a
`mediation bus` in an initiative to deal with growing disputes
and altercations in public buses here to reduce pressure on
the city police.
With two retired police officials and a service police
officer, the bus would crisscross through the city to tend to
the recurring incidents of quarrels.
A dispute mediation bus, the first of its kind of in
China, is the latest attempt by the public transport group of
the Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau (PSB) to reduce
squabbles in buses, state run China Daily reported today.
Overcrowding, problems with tickets and late-running
buses have increased the disagreements among people using
public transit by 20 per cent annually in recent years, Ning
Tongtong, a press officer with the PSB`s public transport
"Because bus stations are so widespread, police officers
cannot always arrive on time to resolve disputes. But the
mediation bus can move around and arrive at the spot in time.
It will be very convenient for the public," he said.
In operation on a trial basis since October 15, the
vehicle has helped in resolving about ten disputes. Passengers
can call the bus by phone or by sending a text message.
The meditation service is voluntary and free.
Ning said plans are afoot to deploy around ten such buses
in the city next year. "Hopefully, some enterprises can
sponsor some of the buses for us," he added.
In addition to the mobile mediation bus, two mediation
rooms, aimed at helping in resolving disputes on the subway or
in taxis, have also been in use since October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!