Medical student in China held for poisoning roommate
Beijing: A medical student in Shangahi has been charged for allegedly killing his 28-year-old roommate by poisoning him over a trivial matter.
The suspect surnamed Lin, a postgraduate medical student at Fudan University, held a grudge against Huang Yang over a trivial matter and planned the poisoning, an initial police investigation showed.
Lin took a deadly chemical compound from the university lab and used it to contaminate a water dispenser in the dormitory on March 31, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
Huang, a third-year medical postgraduate student at Fudan University, showed poisoning symptoms after drinking water from the dispenser on April 1 and was pronounced dead due to multiple organ failure on April 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!