Medical student in China held for poisoning roommate
Beijing: A medical student in Shangahi has been charged for allegedly killing his 28-year-old roommate by poisoning him over a trivial matter.
The suspect surnamed Lin, a postgraduate medical student at Fudan University, held a grudge against Huang Yang over a trivial matter and planned the poisoning, an initial police investigation showed.
Lin took a deadly chemical compound from the university lab and used it to contaminate a water dispenser in the dormitory on March 31, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
Huang, a third-year medical postgraduate student at Fudan University, showed poisoning symptoms after drinking water from the dispenser on April 1 and was pronounced dead due to multiple organ failure on April 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?