Medical student in China held for poisoning roommate
Beijing: A medical student in Shangahi has been charged for allegedly killing his 28-year-old roommate by poisoning him over a trivial matter.
The suspect surnamed Lin, a postgraduate medical student at Fudan University, held a grudge against Huang Yang over a trivial matter and planned the poisoning, an initial police investigation showed.
Lin took a deadly chemical compound from the university lab and used it to contaminate a water dispenser in the dormitory on March 31, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
Huang, a third-year medical postgraduate student at Fudan University, showed poisoning symptoms after drinking water from the dispenser on April 1 and was pronounced dead due to multiple organ failure on April 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali