Medical student in China held for poisoning roommate
Beijing: A medical student in Shangahi has been charged for allegedly killing his 28-year-old roommate by poisoning him over a trivial matter.
The suspect surnamed Lin, a postgraduate medical student at Fudan University, held a grudge against Huang Yang over a trivial matter and planned the poisoning, an initial police investigation showed.
Lin took a deadly chemical compound from the university lab and used it to contaminate a water dispenser in the dormitory on March 31, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
Huang, a third-year medical postgraduate student at Fudan University, showed poisoning symptoms after drinking water from the dispenser on April 1 and was pronounced dead due to multiple organ failure on April 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves