Medical student in China held for poisoning roommate
Beijing: A medical student in Shangahi has been charged for allegedly killing his 28-year-old roommate by poisoning him over a trivial matter.
The suspect surnamed Lin, a postgraduate medical student at Fudan University, held a grudge against Huang Yang over a trivial matter and planned the poisoning, an initial police investigation showed.
Lin took a deadly chemical compound from the university lab and used it to contaminate a water dispenser in the dormitory on March 31, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
Huang, a third-year medical postgraduate student at Fudan University, showed poisoning symptoms after drinking water from the dispenser on April 1 and was pronounced dead due to multiple organ failure on April 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!