Melting snow floods German rivers
Berlin: Mild temperatures are melting record December snowfalls across Germany, causing rivers from the Rhine in the west to the Oder in the east to burst their banks, flooding cities, towns and fields.
Officials were watching flood levels on the Rhine river in the city of Koblenz on Monday which were expected to peak at 25 feet, 4 inches (7 meters, 70 centimeters).
Further south, the Mosel river in western Germany peaked already on Sunday, after flooding several villages in the wine-growing valley.
Officials also are carefully monitoring the Oder river on Germany`s eastern border, although waters there appear to be receding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!