Memorial held for 7 killed in Oakland shooting
Oakland: Civic and religious leaders in Oakland are mourning the deaths of seven people who were gunned down in one the nation`s deadliest campus shootings in years.
Several hundred people gathered Tuesday night for a prayer vigil for the victims of Monday`s shooting at Oikos University, a small Christian school in Oakland.
Mayor Jean Quan joined pastors from the Bay Area`s Korean Christian community in calling for unity and an end to violence at the service at the Allen Temple Baptist Church.
The service was attended by friends, family and colleagues of the victims whose identities were officially released Tuesday.
Not long after the mass shooting, police arrested 43-year-old One Goh at a supermarket several miles away in Alameda.
Goh is being held without bail on suspicion of seven counts of murder, three counts of attempted murder and other charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”