Men file complaint over ejection from cab for kiss
Chicago: Two men filed a complaint with the state of Illinois against a Chicago taxicab company, alleging one of the company`s drivers ejected them from a cab after they kissed.
Steven White of West Hollywood, California, and Matthew McCrea of Chicago say they kissed yesterday during a ride in May from O`Hare International Airport to McCrea`s home. They claim the driver for Sun Taxi turned the interior lights on and off, telling his passengers, "This is public transportation."
The driver initially pulled over on an expressway but then drove to a grocery store parking lot and ordered them out, they said.
"My initial reaction was that I was afraid of this man, and I didn`t know what he was thinking," said White, 29. "Matt`s initial reaction was that we are not getting out of this cab on the expressway."
White called a complaint line and was eventually connected to police, who sent officers to the grocery store parking lot.
The cab driver told police White and McCrea had been "making sex," which the two deny. No one was arrested, and the two men eventually got out of the cab and waited for another one to come pick them up.
The driver told the Chicago Sun-Times that he was annoyed because the two men wouldn`t stop kissing and that he found their behavior distracting.
The couple say they exchanged only a brief kiss. The gay rights organization Lambda Legal filed a complaint Monday with the Illinois Department of Human Rights seeking damages on their behalf.
Sun Taxi general manager Jong Lee says he can`t comment on the complaint until he sees it.
McCrea says since the incident he might be a little more cautious about how he acts. However, White says he refuses to change his behavior.
"We`re a couple just like any other couple," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand