Menu from Titanic`s last lunch at British auction
London: British auctioneers are offering a
first class menu from the Titanic`s last lunch, an item they
claim offers a unique window on the doomed ship`s Edwardian
The menu, kept by a prominent San Francisco banker, bears
the date April 14, the day in 1912 that the reputedly
unsinkable cruiser hit an iceberg and fell to the bottom of
Devizes, England-based auctioneer Henry Aldrige & Son say
that the menu is one of the "rarest items of Titanic
memorabilia to be sold in recent years" and expects it to
fetch up to 100,000 pounds (about USD 160,000) when it`s
offered later today.
Among the 40 options on the historic menu: Chicken a la
Maryland and Consomme Fermier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof
- Delhi University releases seventh cut-off list, admission process begins today
- Man dies in fire in Delhi's Hauz Khas