Menu from Titanic`s last lunch at British auction
London: British auctioneers are offering a
first class menu from the Titanic`s last lunch, an item they
claim offers a unique window on the doomed ship`s Edwardian
The menu, kept by a prominent San Francisco banker, bears
the date April 14, the day in 1912 that the reputedly
unsinkable cruiser hit an iceberg and fell to the bottom of
Devizes, England-based auctioneer Henry Aldrige & Son say
that the menu is one of the "rarest items of Titanic
memorabilia to be sold in recent years" and expects it to
fetch up to 100,000 pounds (about USD 160,000) when it`s
offered later today.
Among the 40 options on the historic menu: Chicken a la
Maryland and Consomme Fermier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea