Menu from Titanic`s last lunch at British auction
London: British auctioneers are offering a
first class menu from the Titanic`s last lunch, an item they
claim offers a unique window on the doomed ship`s Edwardian
The menu, kept by a prominent San Francisco banker, bears
the date April 14, the day in 1912 that the reputedly
unsinkable cruiser hit an iceberg and fell to the bottom of
Devizes, England-based auctioneer Henry Aldrige & Son say
that the menu is one of the "rarest items of Titanic
memorabilia to be sold in recent years" and expects it to
fetch up to 100,000 pounds (about USD 160,000) when it`s
offered later today.
Among the 40 options on the historic menu: Chicken a la
Maryland and Consomme Fermier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital