Merkel, Hollande seek more Russian deescalation in Ukraine
Berlin: German Chancellor Angela Merkel and visiting French President Francois Hollande Saturday urged "more de-escalation signals" from Russia for presidential elections to take place in Ukraine.
Both leaders said Ukraine`s stabilisation was an urgent task for peace and security, calling for efforts aimed at achieving a political solution to the crisis, Xinhua reported.
They stressed the importance of holding a "free and fair" presidential election in Ukraine May 25 as planned, which should take place under the observation of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?