Merkel, Hollande seek more Russian deescalation in Ukraine
Berlin: German Chancellor Angela Merkel and visiting French President Francois Hollande Saturday urged "more de-escalation signals" from Russia for presidential elections to take place in Ukraine.
Both leaders said Ukraine`s stabilisation was an urgent task for peace and security, calling for efforts aimed at achieving a political solution to the crisis, Xinhua reported.
They stressed the importance of holding a "free and fair" presidential election in Ukraine May 25 as planned, which should take place under the observation of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000