Merkel party hotel room broken into: German police
Berlin: German police said Sunday someone broke into a hotel room that was used as an office of the Chancellor Angela Merkel`s conservative party while she was holding talks in the same building.
Police spokeswoman Antje Roeper said nothing appears to have been stolen and no explosives were found.
She said Merkel and other party leaders were holding an internal two-day conference near the town of Neuruppin north of Berlin when the incident was discovered on September 17.
Merkel, the Christian Democrats` chairwoman, was in a meeting on a different floor of the boutique hotel.
Roeper says the room was used as an office to facilitate the conference`s organisation. No motive has been established as police continue to investigate.
A spokesman for Merkel`s party declined to comment on the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive