Merkel party hotel room broken into: German police
Berlin: German police said Sunday someone broke into a hotel room that was used as an office of the Chancellor Angela Merkel`s conservative party while she was holding talks in the same building.
Police spokeswoman Antje Roeper said nothing appears to have been stolen and no explosives were found.
She said Merkel and other party leaders were holding an internal two-day conference near the town of Neuruppin north of Berlin when the incident was discovered on September 17.
Merkel, the Christian Democrats` chairwoman, was in a meeting on a different floor of the boutique hotel.
Roeper says the room was used as an office to facilitate the conference`s organisation. No motive has been established as police continue to investigate.
A spokesman for Merkel`s party declined to comment on the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state