Merkel party hotel room broken into: German police
Berlin: German police said Sunday someone broke into a hotel room that was used as an office of the Chancellor Angela Merkel`s conservative party while she was holding talks in the same building.
Police spokeswoman Antje Roeper said nothing appears to have been stolen and no explosives were found.
She said Merkel and other party leaders were holding an internal two-day conference near the town of Neuruppin north of Berlin when the incident was discovered on September 17.
Merkel, the Christian Democrats` chairwoman, was in a meeting on a different floor of the boutique hotel.
Roeper says the room was used as an office to facilitate the conference`s organisation. No motive has been established as police continue to investigate.
A spokesman for Merkel`s party declined to comment on the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!