Merkel says US helped foil terror plot, but questions NSA surveillance programme
Johannesburg: German chancellor Angela Merkel has said US intelligence was key to foiling a large-scale terror plot.
The comments from Merkel came as she acknowledged Germany is dependent on co-operating with American spy services.
According to news24, but Merkel also said she was surprised to learn of the scope of recently leaked US spying programmes.
She said the US must clarify what information on people`s communications is monitored and how, reiterating that she will raise the issue during talks with President Barack Obama in Berlin on Wednesday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report