Merkel says US helped foil terror plot, but questions NSA surveillance programme
Johannesburg: German chancellor Angela Merkel has said US intelligence was key to foiling a large-scale terror plot.
The comments from Merkel came as she acknowledged Germany is dependent on co-operating with American spy services.
According to news24, but Merkel also said she was surprised to learn of the scope of recently leaked US spying programmes.
She said the US must clarify what information on people`s communications is monitored and how, reiterating that she will raise the issue during talks with President Barack Obama in Berlin on Wednesday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened