Merkel says US spying allegations are serious
Beijing: German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Monday allegations that a German man worked as a double agent for US intelligence were serious and, if true, were a clear contradiction of what cooperation between partners is supposed to be about.
She made the comments at a news conference while on a visit to Beijing.
The White House and State Department have so far declined to comment on the arrest of a 31-year-old employee of Germany`s BND foreign intelligence agency.
According to intelligence and political sources, the man admits to passing documents to a US contact.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country