Meteor lights up sky over southern US
Atlanta: NASA officials say brilliant lights and loud booms reported across the southern US came from a meteor.
Officials at the Marshall Space Flight Center say a fragment of a comet entered Earth`s atmosphere yesterday night.
NASA officials say the meteor travelled at a speed of 76,000 mph. They say just three seconds after hitting the atmosphere it disintegrated, producing a flash of light.
NASA spokeswoman Janet Anderson says that because it penetrated so deep into Earth`s atmosphere, eyewitnesses heard sonic booms.
Music fans at a Mumford & Sons concert in Alabama reported seeing a flash of light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon