Mexican deputy-elect shot to death
Hermosillo (Mexico): Law enforcement officials say assassins have shot to death a deputy-elect in the northern Mexican state of Sonora two days before he was scheduled to take office.
State prosecutors say Eduardo Castro Luque was shot nine times yesterday, including once in the head. He was killed in his car outside his home, and two assassins fled the scene on a motorcycle. He was elected to Sonora`s state Legislature, representing the Institutional Revolutionary Party.
The 48-year-old owned a publicity agency and had never held elected office before. He also was the operating manager of the Yaquis professional baseball team in the city of Ciudad Obregon.
In August, the mayor-elect of the town of Matehuala in San Luis Potosi state was also shot to death. He also belonged to the Institutional Revolutionary Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?