Mexican deputy-elect shot to death
Hermosillo (Mexico): Law enforcement officials say assassins have shot to death a deputy-elect in the northern Mexican state of Sonora two days before he was scheduled to take office.
State prosecutors say Eduardo Castro Luque was shot nine times yesterday, including once in the head. He was killed in his car outside his home, and two assassins fled the scene on a motorcycle. He was elected to Sonora`s state Legislature, representing the Institutional Revolutionary Party.
The 48-year-old owned a publicity agency and had never held elected office before. He also was the operating manager of the Yaquis professional baseball team in the city of Ciudad Obregon.
In August, the mayor-elect of the town of Matehuala in San Luis Potosi state was also shot to death. He also belonged to the Institutional Revolutionary Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report