Mexican deputy-elect shot to death
Hermosillo (Mexico): Law enforcement officials say assassins have shot to death a deputy-elect in the northern Mexican state of Sonora two days before he was scheduled to take office.
State prosecutors say Eduardo Castro Luque was shot nine times yesterday, including once in the head. He was killed in his car outside his home, and two assassins fled the scene on a motorcycle. He was elected to Sonora`s state Legislature, representing the Institutional Revolutionary Party.
The 48-year-old owned a publicity agency and had never held elected office before. He also was the operating manager of the Yaquis professional baseball team in the city of Ciudad Obregon.
In August, the mayor-elect of the town of Matehuala in San Luis Potosi state was also shot to death. He also belonged to the Institutional Revolutionary Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview