Mexican deputy-elect shot to death
Hermosillo (Mexico): Law enforcement officials say assassins have shot to death a deputy-elect in the northern Mexican state of Sonora two days before he was scheduled to take office.
State prosecutors say Eduardo Castro Luque was shot nine times yesterday, including once in the head. He was killed in his car outside his home, and two assassins fled the scene on a motorcycle. He was elected to Sonora`s state Legislature, representing the Institutional Revolutionary Party.
The 48-year-old owned a publicity agency and had never held elected office before. He also was the operating manager of the Yaquis professional baseball team in the city of Ciudad Obregon.
In August, the mayor-elect of the town of Matehuala in San Luis Potosi state was also shot to death. He also belonged to the Institutional Revolutionary Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you