Mexican drug lord will meet Osama`s fate: US
Mexico City: The US will make every effort to ensure that Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman will face the fate of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, US Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano warned.
"It took us 10 years to find Osama Bin Laden and we found him," Napolitano said on Monday at a press conference in Mexico City.
"And you know what happened there; I`m not suggesting the same thing would happen with Guzman but I am suggesting that we are persistent when it comes to wrongdoers and those who do harm in both of our countries," she added.
Guzman was sent to prison in 1993 but has been on the run after escaping from jail in a laundry cart in 2001, reportedly avoiding his 21-year prison sentence in exile in France.
"El Chapo" made Forbes` list of billionaires and was named one of the most powerful people in the world. He almost single-handedly controls the entire US cocaine market.
The US has offered a USD 5 million reward for information leading to his arrest.
Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, who was behind the 9/11 attacks against the US, was killed in a raid by US Navy Seals on his compound in Pakistan in May 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL