Mexican fugitive had sex change to avoid arrest
New York: A Mexican fugitive, who was wanted for stealing 200,000 dollars from the government, is said to have undergone sex change surgery in order to avoid being arrested.
Aaron Vera Morales carried identification that said he was a woman when he was caught.
“Aaron Vera Morales had plastic surgery in an effort to evade justice, to change his identity from a man to a woman,” the New York Daily News quoted the Attorney General’s office as saying in a statement.
In photos handed out by cops, Morales looks like a woman, although authorities said it was unclear if he had undergone gender reassignment surgery or had just changed his appearance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test