Mexican interior minister dies in helicopter crash
Mexico City: Mexican Secretary of the Interior Francisco Blake Mora, the No 2 official in the country, died on Friday in a helicopter crash at age 45, according to President Felipe Calderon`s office.
Spokeswoman Alejandra Sota said Blake Mora died when a helicopter he was riding in crashed in Morelos state, just outside of Mexico City.
Blake Mora started his political career in the mid-1990s as an official in his native Tijuana and served as a federal congressman through the 2000s.
Calderon appointed him as interior secretary in July 2010.
It was not clear what caused the crash.
Mexico is locked in a brutal conflict against drug cartels that has killed 45,000 people in the last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi